Gosh, has it been that long since I last posted?! New years resolution number one to update my blog more!!
Talking of new year resolutions, why exactly do we make them and why is it only at the start of the year that we feel it necessary to try new things or become better at those things we are already doing, or give up something we have been happily doing for the past 365 days?! Let's be honest, does anyone actually keep their resolutions or are we all failures by the end of January?! New year resolutions are like New Year itself- a lot of hype and excitement that leads to a feeling of anti-climax and disappointment. Particularly in the case of New Years eve itself upon the realisation that it is essentially a celebration of one day turning into another!
There is something about the 'new' part of the year that makes us all dream of becoming 'new' ourselves and admittedly I too jump on the bandwagon and start fantasising about all the amazing things I could achieve that year. I don't go as far as to actually write a list but I'll admit to making a few plans in my head! However, as many of my crazy ideas require both time and dedication I will have no option but to sell the children and also win the lottery that I don't play...hmmm (adds two more resolutions to the hypothetical list!)
The most commonly broken New Year's resolutions are apparently as follows:
• Lose Weight and Get Fit (more of an ongoing all year round resolution for me!)
• Quit Smoking (never smoked so not an issue)
• Do Something New (see above comment re: selling children and winning lottery- they're new!)
• Get Out of Debt and Save Money (not in debt and saving sounds good. I have lots of ideas for my lottery win!)
• Spend More Time With Family (I'm with them all the time. I'd rather a break from them!)
• Travel to New Places (not unless new places include new soft play areas or toddler groups?!)
• Be Less Stressed (ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha)
• Drink Less (had I thought this I would've failed by New Year's day.)
So when I say my number one resolution is to update my blog more frequently I am of course simply lying! Inbetween losing weight, drinking less, finding a new hobby, managing my stress, becoming more patient, and giving less of a sh*t about what others think I may struggle to find the time!! I will however make an effort to pop in on a more regular basis and babble on about my life and other issues! Until that time though I will make a new resolution now that I am certain I can stick to- I'll carry on being me!
Happy new year!!